During these busy days, time management is a challenge for many people. If you have a career where your schedule is frequently changing, the challenge becomes even more pronounced. Maybe you even flip-flop your nights and days sometimes or juggle teaching or taking classes on top of your already busy schedule. The point is, time management skills are essential to keep us rested, healthy, and productive!
Here are some top tips to help you manage your time effectively.
- Write it down. Use a calendar – paper or electronic – to keep track of all your appointments and responsibilities in one place.
- Stay focused. When at work, focus on work. When at home, focus on home.
- Break it down. Divide large tasks into smaller items that are more manageable.
- Declutter. Clear your work area. Whether it’s a desk, medication cart, or bedside table, don’t let excess clutter take your attention away from what you are doing.
- Delegate. Proper delegation and teamwork are time management wins for you and your colleagues.
- Set aside time to answer messages. Answer phone calls, texts, and emails at convenient times, rather than allowing those rings and beeps to distract from your current task.
What other time management tips would you add to this list?
Add this infographic to your website by copying and pasting the following embed code: